Based on your answers, we hope you may find the following helpful...
Amish Heritage Foundation ~ Need help transitioning out of the church, finding housing, or finishing your education? This non-profit was started by other ex-Amish to assist you, whether you need practical help or emotional support.
Domestic Shelters ~ Many religions condone domestic violence. You don't need to submit anymore. Find safety now and locate a shelter near you.
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ~ 24/7 availability by phone and chat, including Español and support for the deaf and hard of hearing in the U.S. Call 1-800-273-8255 or chat now.
RAINN ~ The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network is America's largest anti-sexual violence organization. Many religions both condone and cover up sexual violence. If you've been assaulted and you need help, call their hotline or chat. Call 1-800-656-HOPE or find a local support group.
You can also check out the following pages on this site. We hope you find what you're looking for!
• Amish - This page offers resources for people with an Amish background, including shelters and true stories of others who left the Amish church.
• Crisis Care - Whether you're fleeing domestic violence or you've been kicked out of home for challenging your family's beliefs, find a safe place to stay and get help.
• LGBTQ - Members of the LGBTQ community can be especially vulnerable to abuse and violence. Whether you need a safe place to stay or someone to talk to, find support here.
• Mental Health - Do you find yourself struggling with depression or anxiety after a loss of faith? Learn more about Religious Trauma Syndrome and find a therapist or peer support group who can help.
• Faith-Friendly Resources - If you still find comfort in faith, the organizations listed here will be sensitive to your beliefs while offering support for your doubts.