Based on your answers, we think you might find the following helpful...
Amish Heritage Foundation ~ Need help transitioning out of the church, finding housing, or finishing your education? This non-profit was started by other ex-Amish to assist you, whether you need practical help or emotional support.
Coming Out As You Guide ~ Need a little guidance coming out? Not even sure what you're coming out as, or how to talk with your family and friends about it? The folks at The Trevor Project created a 3-step program you can do at home for free. And if you decide not to come out, that’s ok too.
Amish Descent Scholarship Fund ~If you've dreamed of finishing your education but you don't know how you'll be able to afford to, you can apply for a scholarship from this organization founded by a small group of ex-Amish folks. Check out this short video about one of the founders who attained her dream of becoming a nurse!
Break Free Together ~ Dinner parties for people healing from sexual shame? We're down. Linda Kay Klein, author of Pure: Inside the Evangelical Movement that Shamed a Generation of Women and How I Broke Free, founded this organization bringing together people from various religious backgrounds for story exchange over the dinner table. Break free from shame!
You can also check out the following pages on this site. We hope you find what you're looking for!
• Amish - This page offers resources for people with an Amish background, including shelters and true stories of others who left the Amish church.
• Crisis Care - Whether you're fleeing domestic violence or you've been kicked out of home for challenging your family's beliefs, find a safe place to stay and get help.
• LGBTQ - Members of the LGBTQ community can be especially vulnerable to abuse and violence. Whether you need a safe place to stay or someone to talk to, find support here.
• Secular Resources - Find a faith-free therapist, an online or local support group of non-theists, and check out some of the blogs and podcasts from other ex-believers who dared to doubt.
• Faith-Friendly Resources - If you still find comfort in faith, the organizations listed here will be sensitive to your beliefs while offering support for your doubts.