Based on your answers, we hope you may find the following helpful...
Unchained At Last ~ Helping girls, women, and anyone else in the U.S. facing a forced marriage or child marriage, Unchained will help you plan your escape (including international escapes), find safe shelter, provide emergency financial assistance, and provide you with psychotherapy and career counseling.
Domestic Shelters ~ Many religions condone domestic violence. You don't need to submit anymore. Find safety now and locate a shelter near you.
TrevorLifeline ~ Feeling desperate or suicidal? This crisis intervention hotline for LGBTQ youth offers 24/7 support by phone and daily support by text and chat. Get free help. Call 1-866-488-7386, chat now, or Text “START” to 678678.
RAINN ~ The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network is America's largest anti-sexual violence organization. Many religions both condone and cover up sexual violence. If you've been assaulted and you need help, call their hotline or chat. Call 1-800-656-HOPE or find a local support group.
Cult Recover ~ Roseanne Henry, a former member of an eastern-based cult, is now a therapist who has helped survivors of destructive, high-demand groups for over 25 years. Not sure you were part of a cult? Read her definition here. Roseanne offers therapy sessions by phone or Skype. She also runs recovery workshops at nationwide conferences. Call 303-797-0629.
Orinam ~ Based in India, this organization aims to provide resources for LGBTIQA+ individuals and their loved ones. They are atheist-friendly and also offer Sikh and Hindu perspectives of gender and sexual fluidity.
You can also check out the following pages on this site. We hope you find what you're looking for!
• Eastern Religions & Inspired Groups - If you were part of a group based on the teachings of Hinduism, Buddhism, or another eastern philosophy, such as a meditation or yoga group, this is the page for you.
• Cults - From harmful expressions of Transcendental Meditation to sexually exploitive yoga classes, many people who leave organizations inspired by the teachings of eastern mysticism later compare their groups to a cult. Learn how to tell a harmful group from a healthy one, and find other resources such as tips for leaving, or a therapist who can help you process and rebuild.
• Crisis Care - Whether you're fleeing domestic violence or you've been kicked out of home for challenging your family's beliefs, find a safe place to stay and get help.
• LGBTQ - Whether you need a safe place to stay after being kicked out of home, or you want advice for coming out, or you're looking for affirming resources to share with religious loved ones, find support here.
• Secular Resources - Find a faith-free therapist, an online or local support group of non-theists, and check out some of the blogs and podcasts from other ex-believers who dared to doubt.
• Faith-Friendly Resources - If you still find comfort in faith, the organizations listed here will be sensitive to your beliefs while offering support for your doubts.