Based on your answers, we hope you may find the following helpful...
Domestic Shelters ~ Many religions condone domestic violence. You don't need to submit anymore. Find safety now and locate a shelter near you.
TrevorLifeline ~ Feeling desperate or suicidal? This crisis intervention hotline for LGBTQ youth offers 24/7 support by phone and daily support by text and chat. Get free help. Call 1-866-488-7386, chat now, or Text “START” to 678678.
RAINN ~ The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network is America's largest anti-sexual violence organization. Many religions both condone and cover up sexual violence. If you've been assaulted and you need help, call their hotline or chat. Call 1-800-656-HOPE or find a local support group.
Safe Place ~ Are you under 18 and don't know where to turn for help? Start with finding a free place to stay and counseling services. Find a safe place or text "Safe" with your address, city, and state to 44357 (4HELP).
Unchained At Last ~ Helping girls, women, and anyone else in the U.S. facing a forced marriage or child marriage, Unchained will help you plan your escape (including international escapes), find safe shelter, provide emergency financial assistance, and provide you with psychotherapy and career counseling - for free.
You can also check out the following pages on this site. We hope you find what you're looking for!
• Crisis Care - Whether you're fleeing domestic violence or you've been kicked out of home for challenging your family's beliefs, find a safe place to stay and get help.
• LGBTQ - Members of the LGBTQ community can be especially vulnerable to abuse and violence. Whether you need a safe place to stay or someone to talk to, find support here.
• Cults - You may never have thought you were part of a cult. If you're starting to wonder if your group is unhealthy, learn how to tell a healthy group from a destructive one, and find other resources such as tips for leaving or a therapist who can help you process and rebuild.
• Secular Resources - Find a faith-free therapist, an online or local support group of non-theists, and check out some of the blogs and podcasts from other ex-believers who dared to doubt.
• Faith-Friendly Resources - If you still find comfort in faith, the organizations listed here will be sensitive to your beliefs while offering support for your doubts.