Based on your answers, we hope you may find the following helpful...
Domestic Shelters ~ Many religions condone domestic violence. You don't need to submit anymore. Find safety now and locate a shelter near you.
TrevorLifeline ~ Feeling desperate or suicidal? This crisis intervention hotline for LGBTQ youth offers 24/7 support by phone and daily support by text and chat. Get free help. Call 1-866-488-7386, chat now, or Text “START” to 678678.
AHA Foundation ~ Are you in danger of honor-based violence (HBV)? Whether your life is threatened for not believing in your family's religion or you're trying to escape a forced marriage, this nonprofit's free textline and resource directory will help you find safety. Know your rights. Text 'FREE' to 741-741
Unchained At Last ~ Helping girls, women, and anyone else in the U.S. facing a forced marriage or child marriage, Unchained will help you plan your escape (including international escapes), find safe shelter, provide emergency financial assistance, and provide you with psychotherapy and career counseling - for free.
RAINN ~ Many religions both condone and cover up sexual violence. The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network is America's largest anti-sexual violence organization. If you've been assaulted and you need help, call 1-800-656-HOPE, chat online, or find a local support group.
Muslimish ~ This group of doubting and former Muslims creates a safe space for those questioning Islam. They encourage free thinking without condemnation and run a podcast with the aim of fostering conversations about faith and disbelief. Visit their YouTube channel or find a local meet-up.
Ex-Muslims of North America ~ Founded by ex-Muslims with affiliate groups worldwide, EXMNA aims to reduce discrimination faced by those who leave Islam. They also issue emergency grants to those needing shelter and assistance fleeing abuse, forced marriage, and relocation. Check out their online docu-series about finding freedom after leaving the confines of faith!
Free Hearts, Free Minds ~ Gay ex-Muslim Jimmy Bangash is the EFT-certified life coach at FHFM, devoted to helping other apostates transition out of Islam.
You can also check out the following pages on this site. We hope you find what you're looking for!
• LGBTQ - Members of the LGBTQ community can be especially vulnerable to abuse and violence. Whether you need a safe place to stay or someone to talk to, find support here.
• Crisis Care - Whether you're fleeing domestic violence or you've been kicked out of home for challenging your family's beliefs, find a safe place to stay and get help.
• Mental Health - Do you find yourself struggling with depression or anxiety after a loss of faith? Learn more about Religious Trauma Syndrome and find a therapist or peer support group who can help.
• Islam - This page offers resources specifically for people with a Muslim background.
• Secular Resources - Find a faith-free therapist, an online or local support group of non-theists, and check out some of the blogs and podcasts from other ex-believers who dared to doubt.
• Faith-Friendly Resources - If you still find comfort in faith, the organizations listed here will be sensitive to your beliefs while offering support for your doubts.